Learn from the panelists of the Hardware Massive Shenzhen event as they talk about solutions to problems regarding China’s Intellectual Property (IP) system. The event was held at SimplyWork 2.0.
• Steven Lin 林栋
Steven is a Patent/TM Attorney and an associate in the R&D Group. He is familiar with trademarks registration, opposition, review, cancellations, responses to trademark refusal, and patent filing, including the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) for bringing patents to China. Mr. Lin has a great deal of experience with patent searches, applications and patent defending. In particular he is known for his work with intellectual property asset due diligence and appraisal for company mergers and acquisitions domestic and abroad.
• Anton Blijlevens
Anton has been working at AJ Park, an IP firm, for over 24 years. He is also a lecturer at patent drafting courses that the World IP Office (WIPO) run in Asia. He works with clients in the marine industry, combustion engine designers, packaging designers and manufacturers, startups, and more. He looks after their IP protection, commercialisation, IP strategy, and due diligence work.
• Nikki Kahn
As IP manager for ZURU group, she strategises and executes on obtaining IP protection, enforcing IP rights and commercialising the company’s IP assets. She is a registered solicitor, patent attorney and intellectual property specialist with a background in mechanical engineering. She has worked with businesses in a range of technology fields including manufacturing, process engineering, packaging, engine and vehicle design, and more.
Some of the topics tackled during the discussion include ways to prevent other companies from duplicating your products and strategies on how to position your IP.
This event is supported by:
• Borsam IP – devotes itself to help SME protecting their intellectual property rights in China. http://www.borsamip.com/
• RP Group Limited – provides customers with the flexibility to order production in low quantities. http://rpgroupltd.com/
• BSG Berkeley Sourcing Group – an international turnkey manufacture provider for hardware startups. http://www.berkeleysg.com/
• SimplyWork – an international and nurturing co-working space based in Shenzhen, which has 8 spaces in different districts. http://www.simplywork.cn/
• FirstShotz – China’s largest no risk marketing and distribution agency. http://www.firstshotz.com/
• Shenzhen Party – a complete daily guide to Shenzhen and Shekou ferry, metro, apartments, jobs, maps of bars, restaurants, and shopping. http://www.shenzhenparty.com/
• Shekou Daily – a Community Directory focusing on sharing information on businesses, events, promotions and lifestyle content to help English speakers live happy, healthy & prosperous lives in Shenzhen. https://www.shekoudaily.com/